Firefox 51 was released by Mozilla on January 24, 2017. This is the first major browser update of 2017. Last year, Mozilla dedicated a lot of effort and resources to making Firefox great again by working on improving the stability, performance and security of the browser.
In Firefox 48, Mozilla started implementing the biggest ever project it has undertaken in the browser’s history. The project dubbed Electolysis or e10s aims to improve the responsiveness, stability and security of Firefox. The e10s project will split up Firefox into multiple processes broken down into user-interface, Content, and Add-ons.
Mozilla has taken a phased approach to this major project in terms of implementation as well as rollout to Firefox users. In Firefox 51, my multi-process was enabled by default and I saw a positive difference in the overall performance of the browser.
In FF51, Mozilla introduced support for FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) which enables users to play FLAC audio files directly within the browser without the need for plugins.
They also implemented a new warning signal, as s security measure for users who land on login pages that do not have secure connection. Users will now see a grey log with a red strike-through in the address bar.
Another significant development in Firefox 51 is the implementation of WebGL 2.0 which will make a huge difference when rendering 2D and 3D computer graphics without the for plugins.
You can check the Firefox Release Notes below for a detailed list of new features, changes and improvements. In this Firefox Video Review, you can see the results of the Browsermark Benchmark tests that I ran on Firefox 51 as compared to Google Chrome 56. Overall, Google Chrome continues to outperform Firefox, but I’m encouraged by the results of Firefox 51.
– For a full list of changes and improvements, you can check the Release Notes below:
– Firefox 51 Release Notes:
– Firefox Download Page:
– WebGL 2 Lands in Firefox:
– WebGL Report:
– Browser Benchmark Tests Performed Using Browsermark from Basemark:
– Firefox information and logos used under Creative Commons License Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0)
– Microsoft, Windows, and the Windows logo are trademarks, or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
– Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc., used with permission.
– FLAC Logo Used Under Creative Commons CC Attribution ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
– FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec): | Copyright © Mike Wren
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. Neither the name of Mike Wren nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
This software is provided by Mike Wren “as is” and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall Mike Wren be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
– Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Where I Am From by Topher Mohr & Alex Elena
Source: YouTube Music Library (Permission to use for commercial purposes on YouTube monetized videos)
Xem thêm bài viết khác: https://boomercoalition.org/tong-hop/
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Cách cài đặt FilmImpact Transitions cho Premiere Pro & Final Cut Pro
- Hướng Dẫn Cài Đặt Filmora | Link Tải FULL & Mới. Thành công 100% | Phần mềm chỉnh sửa video siêu dễ
- Quản Lý Kho Hiệu Quả Bằng Excel – Nhập Xuất Tồn
- Xuất file XML trực tiếp từ Excel để kê khai thuế qua mạng HTKK – Excel VBA
- Cách xử lý khi IDM không bắt được link